Last Man Standing, Go! Tell it on the Mountain

The Mountain is That way...

THE LAST MAN STANDING, I say like Peter in Matthew 17 verse 4
1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, 2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. 3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
7 And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid. 8 And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.

The Last Man Standing...
Shouting John as I am being called, and that is so funny to me. Not funny laughing, well yes funny laughing and funny strange. Peace to Pro Football Hall Of Famer Brian Dawkins, Shoutin Brian.


I remember when I was young 9 or 10 years old, when I saw my Mom get a tear in her eye during Church service. I think she didn't want to alarm me but it was the first time I noticed, It took me for a ride as my imagination ran with the sight. People seem to make fun of that situation in Church, like it is some kind of weakness or some problem with that person. As a matter of fact Men don't cry, and yes I am a Man, it seems I have the Man gene that stands out. 
I remember some Women would need the ushers and even sometimes the nurse. (every Church that can afford it should have a nurse and a nurse assistant) They would fall out of their pew and be crying and shouting. There were times when it (The Holy Spirit) would hit in waves and the ushers would be running all over the Church, but the Preacher would not stop and the congregation would accept and protect each other in these times. Men, No.. just the Preacher and the Deacons would shout or make any real gestures that would stand out. Mom never fell out like that but her emotions, passion and Spirit seemed to move the Church and it moved me in a way that was different, different than not wanting to see her sad. MOM wasn't sad and when I would ask her, she would say that GOD was so good to her and I would just say OK MOM.
Irene Dewberry RIP
Looking back when I was older, I see Sermons and Preachers that moved me but I would just get up and go to the lobby. It was important for me to be cool because I am cool, as a matter of fact I am a cool kat, chilly most, I thank GOD that he gave me passion for Christ. I had made it to be 46 years old attending Church when I wanted to, that meant not much at all, maybe 3 times a year. I was actually more concerned with people not confusing me as corny or a hypocrite by talking that GOD stuff, so I did become Spiritual.  I would say Spiritual because saying that was cool, I still am Spiritual but cool, well that depends, I feel cool, but I am hot for the LORD, not lukewarm. 
I am a Church going Christian who Worships JESUS, through the HOLY SPIRIT, and at times I will shout out my praises. It did start with a tear, one that I had fought for a few minutes, like that tear I got watching the Movie "Sounder" and "Jane Pittman" but this tear would not stop and rolled right out of my eye, I caught it with a handkerchief. One day while thinking, really it's better said thankin about GOD and my life and the unmistakable hand of the LORD in MY LIFE, I Shouted Hallelujah in the Church. I was sitting down, and then the LORD moved me again and I shouted Amen and hallelujah. 
That time I got some heads turning my way as if to say really! even some looks of seeming annoyance to which I quickly nipped in the bud by standing up and not all crazy but like I mean this.,I gave into the joy of praising the LORD and I focused on the LORD the WORD and my praise. I soon was called Shouting JOHN, the Hallelujah Man.
(The funny looks were the looks I used to give a Saint named Emanuel, who breathed a Hallelujah Spirit out into the Sanctuary, Blessed by the Holy Spirit, I give Thanks unto The Lord our Savior Jesus Christ for It did save a Wretched, Like Me)
I began to study the bible and go to bible study and pray for an understanding and Thank GOD, the LORD opened up some mysteries of his written WORD, Shouting JOHN as I was called, is in the BOOK with a discerning anointing from the LORD and I love it. 
(Another funny strange thing, I had not heard the Famous Praise recording of Pastor Shirley Caesar's singing Testimony about shoutin John)
There will not be three tabernacles; Churches, there is only ONE Church, as people say, ONE LOVE... 
If there is a Man reading these words who would praise the LORD, please don't fight the LORD, praise JESUS, Love Him, for Man and the things of Mankind will leave you Standing alone.
The LAST MAN STANDING.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Give Me The Bridge

THE GOSPEL MUSIC according to NEW BLACK CULTURE

Third Never Heard! Now Speaks The WORD!!!