GREATLY

A FATHER'S SON NUMBER 1
1950's 1960's ish  
The I want you to do better than me Generation, the parents who gave their all for their children to succeed, A raisin in the sun the culmination of generations of life and death and negotiations with so called supremacy. 
Making Amendments to their Constitution for life,
 now knowing that, that man will kill and not being afraid to die they would live so you could live so I could live so my son could live but not to be fodder for foolishness  and the Man Dingo, but by any means be necessary call it a yellow canary in a coal mine but that Black body blows your mind in the field in the house but you can't see me, my gorilla is in the mist, 
animals strike curious poses but who is zooming who.
Greatly
 did I come around the mountain when I came and here I am, with skin in the game. See me shuck and Jive see my generations alive see me see them again, High in the sky and I played the game so well they went to 
HELL 
Who from my generation knew the race was so swift, we were raised by the greatest generation who were raised by the great ones. I've been spoiled of the generation, for they wanted so much for me. 
Made my path light and gave light to it.
Who am I now to waiver at the assignment come lately, hold the line our children will refer to us as Greatly.
Greatly when called, 
strength from out of nowhere, counted out by ones who know better but hoped a sleeping prayed for nurtured seed would not grow into true ManHood and WomanHood. 
Springing forward like sunlight,
 turning darkness bright, ready to fight,
but now knowing only prayer and praise of JESUS is right. 
That's how we got here, that's how we will go where God has promised. 
Greatly, 
we are the ones who will grab the stick, 
handed so gently to us.

MOM GONE, NEVER FORGOTTEN

Comments

  1. If I follow people who can't see the light when surrounded by darkness, would they follow me, although I was temporarily lost in a coal mine thinking as a bird of a peculiar feather. A Canary in a coal mine, would fly towards the light at the end of the tunnel, if you are trapped in thought, or thought to be trapped, or lost in the wilderness, call it a coal mine, think of seeing a yellow Canary and follow it to the light.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Mycyber Talk, Yourcyber Talk back, by thoughtful comment, apreciated

Popular posts from this blog

Give Me The Bridge

THE GOSPEL MUSIC according to NEW BLACK CULTURE

Third Never Heard! Now Speaks The WORD!!!